Hamas leaders met in Egypt with US President Donald Trump’s son-in-law and Middle East envoy, Jared Kushner, who is seeking to push for a peace plan for Gaza that Israel has rejected. A Palestinian source told Al Jazeera on Sunday that Hamas leaders briefed Kushner about Israel’s ceasefire violations in Gaza. The source also claimed that Kushner said the United States rejects any plans to displace Gaza residents. “There is no role in the future administration of Gaza,” said the source, who is neither a member of the Peace Board nor a US official. “There can be no ambiguity: Hamas must renounce governing authority and all weapons and military infrastructure, and Gaza can never again be a source of terror for Israel,” the source added. Hamas political leader Khalil al-Hayya attended the talks. Also present were the Egyptian intelligence chief, Hassan Rashad, the Qatari diplomat Ali Al Thawadi and a senior Turkish official, reported the American media Axios. Peace Board envoy Nickolay Mladenov and former UK Prime Minister Tony Blair, who is also a member of the board, joined Kushner at the meeting. Kushner’s visits to Israel and Egypt are an effort to narrow differences over Trump’s latest road map for Gaza, which Netanyahu said last week was “unacceptable” to Israel. second phase of Trump’s plan during the meeting with “delegations of the mediators and guarantors of the ceasefire agreement in Gaza.” “Hamas and the resistance fully adhered to the first phase of the ceasefire agreement,” he said. Israel, however, “failed to implement this phase, intensified its military operations on the ground and deepened the humanitarian catastrophe, and has explicitly rejected the road map,” Hamas added. Hamas said it “called on the mediating parties and the Peace Board to fulfill their responsibilities and force [Israeli] occupation to implement all of its obligations in the first phase, end all violations, stop the assassinations and raids, accept the road map for the second phase of President Trump’s plan and begin developing a timetable for its implementation.” The United States has for years rejected contact with Hamas, which it classifies as a “terrorist organization.” But the Trump administration has grown increasingly comfortable with direct contact in hopes of ending Israel’s genocidal war in Gaza. Hamas’s Al-Hayya also met separately with Egypt’s Rashad government on Sunday, according to the Reuters news agency. Meanwhile, Kushner met with Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi after meeting with Hamas. The Egyptian president’s office said that, apart from Gaza, the two discussed relations between Egypt and the United States. El-Sisi highlighted the strategic partnership between the two countries and praised their continued cooperation on shared interests. Kushner, in turn, praised the close coordination with Egypt and expressed his appreciation for the role of el-Sisi in advancing regional peace. Stability. Israeli attacks continue On Sunday, the foreign ministers of eight nations (Egypt, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Jordan, Indonesia, Pakistan, Turkiye and Saudi Arabia) condemned Israel’s rejection of the Gaza road map, calling it a “direct attack” on US-led peace efforts and the creation of a Palestinian state. Warning that Israel now bears full responsibility for derailing the plan, They urged Washington to intervene and enforce compliance, while insisting that a two-state solution can only be achieved in 1967. Borders can bring lasting stability and called on the Peace Board to act quickly against any further obstruction. A senior Israeli official said Kushner and Peace Board envoy Mladenov were scheduled to meet with Netanyahu on Monday. The official said Israel was concerned by Washington’s demand to end targeted killings of Hamas fighters in Gaza. announced the roadmap last month, saying it was a breakthrough in its plan to end the war, which both Israel and Hamas had agreed to. The cessation of military operations in the enclave sees Hamas disarming as Israeli troops withdraw and Gaza rebuild under a new Palestinian civilian administration. the withdrawal of its forces and the cessation of attacks. A “ceasefire” in October 2025. At least five Palestinians were wounded on Sunday after an Israeli attack hit a tent camp in Khan Yunis, doctors said The war in Gaza in October 2023 now exceeds 73,300.