16 million ago Trump again suggested that the Strait of Hormuz should be US territory. President Trump again suggested Tuesday that the Strait of Hormuz should be US territory. In a Truth Social post, the president published a map of the Strait of Hormuz under the title “NEW US Territory.” The highlighted part of the map includes parts of the coast of Iran, Oman and the United Arab Emirates. The post echoes a similar message posted by the president last week, when he wrote, “I THINK I WILL KEEP IT,” referring to the waterway, which he has repeatedly claimed is under American control. White House officials later said Trump was joking when he talked about declaring the strait a U.S. territory. The Strait of Hormuz has become the focal point of the nearly six-month war between the United States and Iran, with both sides claiming control of the strategic waterway used by several Gulf states to ship their oil and gas from the Persian Gulf to global markets. 59 million ago Syria condemns airstrikes on military airbase, accuses Israel of escalation Syria’s Foreign Ministry condemned Israel for airstrikes it said the country carried out against a military airbase in the Idlib region. In a statement released Tuesday, the ministry called the airstrikes an “unjustified act of aggression, a flagrant violation of Syria’s sovereignty and a dangerous escalation.” Victims. The Israel Defense Forces did not comment when asked about the allegations. 6:38 AM Iran insists the Strait of Hormuz will not be reopened until the United States meets its demands Iranian parliamentary president and negotiator Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf said Tuesday that the Islamic Republic will not lift its de facto blockade of commercial maritime traffic in the Strait of Hormuz until the United States meets the country’s demands. “I want to make clear that the Strait of Hormuz will not open until the American commitments stipulated in the memorandum of understanding are met.” implemented,” Ghalibaf said in a speech broadcast on state television. Ghalibaf listed the release of Iran’s frozen financial assets abroad, the lifting of sanctions on its oil and gas sales, and the lifting of the U.S. naval blockade of Iran’s ports and associated ships as key conditions for reopening the strait. 6:16 AM Syria accuses Israel of attacking disused military base Syria accused Israel of attacking a disused military air base in the country’s northwest on Tuesday. “Israeli occupation planes early this morning attacked the runway… with eight strikes,” Syrian state television quoted an unnamed military source as adding that “the attack resulted in material damage to the airport’s infrastructure, causing no casualties.” Israel has been carrying out incursions into Syrian territory since December 2024 – the overthrow of former ruler Bashar al-Assad, including sending troops into a United Nations-patrolled buffer zone that separated Israeli and Syrian forces in Syria. Golan Heights occupied by Israel since 1974. It has also hit key military sites, including several airfields, according to a Syria war observer The Israel Defense Forces declined to comment when asked about the alleged attacks 5:43 AM Saudi Arabia reportedly pumps crude oil out of the Strait of Hormuz via ship-to-ship transfer Saudi Arabia’s oil giant Aramco resumed offering crude oil shipments last week, using ship-to-ship transfers off the coast of the United Arab Emirates, Reuters news agency says, citing shipping data and trade sources. Aramco, which is the world’s largest oil exporter, reportedly offered some Asian refiners cargo of medium and heavy crude oil via ship-to-ship transfer (STS) Fujairah in the United Arab Emirates this month. The move came after Saudi Arabia halted oil sales for “weeks following attacks on its fleet of tankers in the Strait of Hormuz during an escalation of the conflict between the United States and Iran last month. The resumption of Saudi exports could help alleviate supply shortages of heavier grades that produce more residual fuel that can be used to refuel ships or further processed in refineries, to produce higher quality fuels such as gasoline and diesel. 5:17 AM Houthis continue to attack Saudi Arabia’s oil infrastructure Yemen’s Iran-backed Houthi rebels attacked an oil refinery in Saudi Arabia on Tuesday, according to media outlets controlled by the group, as the Houthis intensify their attacks in the regional conflict. The attacks targeted a Saudi state Aramco refinery in Jazan with drones, the Houthi Saba news agency said on Tuesday, citing a military source. In July, the US-Iran war expanded to Yemen and the Red Sea, with Iran’s Houthi proxies repeatedly attacking Saudi oil infrastructure and ships. Houthi rebels announced a maritime blockade against pro-Yemeni government Saudi Arabia, which has led a coalition that heavily bombed Houthi areas during the war. He said authorities had charged him and released him on bail after questioning. On Monday, Iran’s judiciary said it had opened an investigation into the YouTube channel “Azad” following the broadcast of an episode containing “false information.” Mizan Online, the judiciary’s news website, said the program was “considered an unauthorized media outlet” as it did not have an official license from the Ministry of Culture, which oversees media activity in Iran. until a license is obtained,” Mizan reported. He added that the channel had “committed numerous violations of media regulations during its unauthorized operations.” The show’s founder and host, Mehdi Ahmadi, said he was accused of spreading false information and was questioned on Sunday and Monday. “I, Mehdi Ahmadi, director and host of Azad Interviews, have been accused of spreading false information and have been referred to the prosecutor’s office yesterday and today to answer these charges,” he said on Monday. X.”In accordance with the court’s decision, I was released on bail, but Azad Channel is prohibited from broadcasting any interviews until further notice.” 3:53 AM Ship hit by ‘unknown projectile’ in Strait of Hormuz A ship leaving the Strait of Hormuz was hit by an “unknown projectile” on Tuesday, according to a British shipping agency, resulting in one casualty and damage to an engine room “The impact caused damage to the engine room and resulted in a casualty. of the crew,” the U.K.’s Maritime Trade Operations Office said in a social media post, adding that the remaining crew members were being assisted by the Oman Coast Guard. 3:53 AM Iran is not interested in a deal that “makes sense” to the United States, says Kushner President Trump’s son-in-law and envoy, Jared Kushner, said Monday that Iran “shows no interest” in reaching a deal that “makes sense” to the United States. In an interview with Trey Fox News’ Yingst, Kushner said the president was focused on putting economic pressure on Iran and ensuring that Tehran cannot build a nuclear weapon. “If Iran is willing to end the deal, they have been discussing with us to give up their ability to create a nuclear weapon, then obviously, [Mr. Trump] is willing to make a deal that could be great for the Iranian people,” Kushner said. The comments came as the 60-day negotiating period agreed to in the memorandum of understanding expired. 3:53 AM Asian allies emphasize ‘critical cooperation’ as Trump cuts Korea exercises Japan stressed Tuesday that security cooperation with the United States and South Korea was “critical” to the stability of the region, after President Trump alarmed allies by reduce military exercises with Seoul while praising his ties with Pyongyang. Trump abruptly announced on Sunday that he had ordered the Pentagon to reduce “inappropriate and hostile” military exercises with South Korea. The next day, he insisted that he was making the situation “much safer” through his ties with the North’s Kim Jong Un, with whom he met three times during his first term but has yet to meet since his return to the White House Seoul for not helping Washington fight Iran, a war that Trump says is aimed at preventing Tehran from obtaining an atomic bomb. When asked if Kim had responded to his messages, the president told reporters in the Oval Office: “Yes, he has.” “I understand”. He understands me.” 3:53 AM Trump says concerns about USS Lincoln are ‘false’ On Monday, President Trump downplayed reports about the conditions of sailors and Marines aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln, which has been at sea for nine months, calling them “fake news.” admiral, whom he did not name, over the weekend and that the retired officer told him: “I’ve been on ships that are there a lot longer, sir, and I know people at the Lincoln. They say it is very well maintained and well cared for. “Several families in recent days have expressed concern that mental health conditions on the ship are deteriorating, and there have been some complaints about sanitary conditions and food supplies during the long deployment amid the U.S.-Iran war. A typical deployment is six months, but service members aboard the USS Lincoln have been deployed for nine months and counting. U.S. Central Command Adm. Brad Cooper visited the aircraft carrier over the weekend and said the deployment in the sea is “exceptionally challenging and harsh,” although he neither confirmed nor denied any specific issues.