Ukrainian strikes kill six in Russia, officials say

Six people were killed and four wounded in Ukrainian missile attacks on Russia’s Belgorod region overnight, its acting governor said. A 14-year-old boy was among the injured, Alexander Shuvaev wrote on Telegram on Monday. The attacks came a night after what Russian officials called the “largest-scale” attack launched by Ukraine this year, in which at least seven people were killed. Russian strikes on Ukraine also killed at least seven people and injured more than 39 on Saturday night. large-scale invasion of Ukraine in February 2022, and currently controls approximately one-fifth of Ukrainian territory. The latest Ukrainian attacks burned a building and damaged a car in the village of Koloskovo in the Valuysky district, near Russia’s border with Ukraine, Shuvaev said. The injured boy was sent to the hospital while two others received medical assistance, he added. kyiv has stepped up drone attacks inside Russia in recent weeks. On Saturday night, Ukraine fired some 822 drones toward Russia, with 600 targeting Moscow, according to its regional governor, who said the Russian capital suffered “one of the most massive drone attacks in recent times.” During Saturday night’s attacks, five people were killed in the Rostov region of southwestern Russia, its governor said. A woman was killed in an attack on a civilian bus in Belgorod, authorities said, while an 83-year-old man was killed in a drone strike in the Moscow region. A warehouse belonging to Russian online retailer Wildberries was also affected. Since July, Ukraine has repeatedly attacked the company, known as the Russian version of Amazon. Ukraine’s Defense Ministry said the latest attack meant seven out of 10 of Wildberries’ largest logistics centers had been “disabled”.